The submission process for proposing a Birds of a Feather session at ISTE 2014 is now closed. Thank you to all who entered a proposal. All accepted Birds of a Feather session will be announced by April 1, 2014
This group will continue to serve as a planning tool for Birds of a Feather sessions.
Information on Birds sessions at ISTE 2014
Birds of a Feather sessions are opportunities to engage in discussions about topics of interest. (They are not presentations.) Birds will be scheduled at the following days and times:
Sunday, June 29 from 5:30 to 6:45 pm
Monday, June 30 from 5:00 to 6:15 pm
ISTE Special Interest Groups will also be meeting during the conference sessions and the Birds timeslots.
Purpose of the Birds Group
The purpose of the Birds group is to:
• identify prospective organizers/moderators, topics, or groups with similar interest to requesting meeting space
• identify collaborations between people with similar topics in mind
• gauge audience interest in the topics
• plan and develop the content (outline scope of the topic, guiding questions, useful resources, etc.)
• host results and ongoing information on the topics for a time following the conference.
Meeting space will constrain the number of Birds sessions that can be accepted. The ISTE 2014 Program Committee will make the final decisions and schedule the Birds sessions into time slots and locations.
April 1: Announce list of accepted topics and moderators
April 1- April 5: Speaker session submission in the database
March 24—ISTE 2014: Ongoing: Planning of Birds
June 29–30: Birds take place and may post results/discussions/documents to this group or start their own group on the ISTE 2014 ning.
You need to be a member of ISTE 2014 Network to add comments!